“Hans Uszkoreit is Professor of Computational Linguistics at Saarland University. At the same time he serves as Scientific Director at the Germa Research Center for Artificial Int elligence (DFKI) where he heads the DFKI Language Technology Lab. He is also Professor of the Computer Science Department.” from Hanz Uszkoreit curriculum vitae. Retrieved April 25, 2007.
- He studied Linguistics and Computer Science at
Berlin and in Austin Texas universities. During his time in Austine he also worked on research in a machine translation.
- From 1988 until 1986 he worked as a computer scientist at Artificial Intelligence Centre of SRI. Durind this time he also was working with The Stanford University for the Study of Languae and Information.
- In 1986 he worked for IBM Germany as a project leader in LILOG (Linguistic Computational Methods for the Understanding of German). He also taught inStantfort University.
- In 1988 he started the Department of Computational Linguistics and Phonetics at Saarland University.
- In 1989 he led the Language Technology Lab at DFKI.
- Nowadays he is member of many international comitees of computational linguistics and HLT such as the European Network of Language and Speech.
- “He is co-founder and Board Member of XtraMind Technologies GmbH, Saarbruecken, acrolinx gmbh,
Berlin, and AnswerBus GmbH, Saarbrücken.
- “Since 2006, he serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the international initiative dropping knowledge.” Retrieved from his CV, April 25, 2007.
Hanz Uszkoreit has a large number of publications only in 2007 he has alrready published four articles. His recent publications can be found at his own page. Retrieved April 25, 2007.